Final Thoughts


 This class has allowed me to explore different avenues when it comes to putting words together, whether for a poem or not, it has also exposed me to various forms of poetry and allowed me to explore them at my leisure without feeling too much pressure to get it right but rather be able to learn organically through trial and error. This class has also allowed me to discover my personal process when writing poetry, and expanded my horizons in terms of how I approach writing. It has certainly allowed my writing process to become more versatile and given me room to explore the many avenues of the writing process. Similarly, the class has allowed me to discover for myself that the act of writing is more important than the outcome, and that to make a good poem you truly have to find it within yourself, and much like art, through the long process of making tons of poems. It has also allowed me to discover that I enjoy writing poetry more than I previously imagined.

The role of the artist in society today probably lies in telling truths, inspiring people to be authentic, and making entertainment. Whether that is different or the same as the past is a gray area, considering there are an infinite amount of artists and kinds of art. However, personally I believe that in the world we currently live in, so constantly filled with deception from leisure to politics, it seems to be the trend that many artists are leaning towards uncovering truths hidden behind curtains made by the media and other higher powers in their self-interest. In many way artists from literary genres, to visual genres seem to constantly express their frustrations with the world and put in plain terms the truths that need to be uncovered. Similarly, by doing so, artists seek to inspire people in their lives, to be authentic, to find the truth, to not be led just by the media or by the masses but rather to think beyond what’s being served on a platter for us. It takes the kind of critical thinking that comes from making art, whether by words, visually or three dimensional way, to be able to think and see past these curtains that are being drawn in front of us, and it takes people doing it and inspiring others to do it for us to be able to really make a lasting impact on the world. Regardless of all the artists making strides for the betterment of our world, there are also artists that focus solely on entertainment and providing a service for people to have a moment of enjoyment, a decorative piece in their house. Similarly in the vein of entertainment, some artist simply will make art for personal entertainment and stress relief, something we have seen the masses take up in different small bursts of movement such as adult coloring books, painting with a twist, etc. Needless to say, the role of the artist is always invaluable in the a society, and I would say that its presence and importance will not ever waiver but simply change courses as the world around us calls for different approaches.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Its Monday